Simulation: trader ended with margin call because of low starting balance, need to increase it

Hi,
I get in the simulation the following error: “Although your simulation ended successfully, the Trader has ended with a margin call because of the low starting balance you have set. You need to increase the starting balance if you want to see how the Trader performed to the end.”

I don’t really understand this – the starting balance is in the simulation for me and for the trader the same, the leverage etc. is the same. Why has the Trader with a margin call when I didn’t ended with a margin call?

Kind regards,
INFI1851533F

Hello!

The simulation is back-testing the past performance of a Trader or combined Traders based on few basic criteria.
According to you explanation, if you were following this Trader in the past, then you would get a margin call based on a specific initial capital, leverage and lots sizing.

Is this clear?
ZuluTradersDesk

Hi,
no, I’m sorry, it’s not really clear. It’s clear in what case I would get a margin call. It’s also clear what the simulation does – “back-testing the past performance of a Trader or combined Traders based on few basic criteria.”, as you wrote.

But it’s not clear why the Trader has ended with a margin call in the simulation according to the error message, when I don’t get a margin call. All the settings, like lot size per trade, leverage, max open lots etc. are in the simulation for me and the trader the same. So I don’t understand why the Trader gets a margin call when I don’t get a margin call.

Kind regards,
INFI1851533F