View topic - Zulu ranking system changed ?

Zulu ranking system changed ?

Discuss new features on the ZuluTrade user interface, or discuss existing ones.

Zulu ranking system changed ?

Postby iqbal7 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Zulu ranking of signal providers is now ordered now by "Amount following".

Is it permanent or an error ?

What happened to the Zulu ranking formula ? :lol:
iqbal7

What happened

Postby DM772248F » Fri Aug 03, 2012 6:30 pm

Can someone tell me what happened with the rankings. I tried posting in the announcement forum to ask but I cant post there.

I am new to Zulu and want to follow some SP's now the ones I was looking at are all ranked much lower and the guys who are ranked real high have blown up accounts and in the case of trade guru and the guy at #13 have open trades of -1500 pips. Is this correct or are the rankings just sort of BS.

I have also noticed that if a SP is using the FXAAA broker they have much higher rankings in some cases then signal with the = same performance. Is that because there is less slippage. That broker is in greece and I am nervous to put my money there.

Does anyone trust the rankings Please let me know.
DM772248F

Re: What happened

Postby mariosv » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:46 am

The broker a provider is using does not have any impact on the ranking.
We have recently changed our ranking calculation formula, which gives more weight to providers monthly performance combined with how many live followers a provider has.
If you are not happy with the ranking, please use the advanced search to find exactly the provider you are looking for.
mariosv

Re: Zulu ranking system changed ?

Postby ALPR469908F » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:29 am

Ok mariosv, but could you explain me how FCC come back to the 8th place (day before 16000th). his last 3 monthly performance were so bad, but there are many followers who believed in him.
But he can go to the 8th place ????
I just feel that Zulutrade wanted it back into the top rankings, I'm wrong??
ALPR469908F

Postby stewart 7 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:45 am

Are you serious? Then the new signal providers lose any opportunity ascend on the rating scale. Consequently, investors will not see a perspective signal providers. Investors will not use the advanced search, but will look at the ranking !!!
Unfortunately, for me, as a new signal provider has lost all hope and opportunity to earn here. :(
stewart 7

Postby stewart 7 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:59 am

It looks like that conditions be applied to support chosen ones signal providers. :(
stewart 7

Postby ngcapital » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:12 am

I am shocked at the new rankings!!!!! I was ranked 632 last thursday, and now im 16813!!!! i have been on Zulu for 11 weeks and my rankings have improved consistently, but this is just crazy!!!
Looks like if i can get someone to put a million dollars and open an account and sign me up as a signal provider, my rankings would probably be in the top 100's without even trading.. sorry.. All my efforts down the drain..

There are some signal providers who i dont wanna mention here, who have drawdowns over 100% and a few who are negative in pips but are in the top 100-200????

This calculation or algorithm needs to change!!!
ngcapital

Postby ASDF TRADER » Mon Aug 06, 2012 11:44 am

I was initially a little disappointed when I saw my ranking drop from 711 to 16821 after a solid week. However, on further reflection I think that the new ranking system is genius!

What Zulu have decided is " let the money rank the SP ". Brilliant. All the power is now in the hands of the followers which is how it should be. With this power comes the responsibility of followers to actively go in search of quality SP's. The cream will rise to the top.

At the moment many of the top ranked SP's have an advantage due to the previous system. This will take probably a few months to even out as the money transfers from unstable, suicide traders to traders who take their responsibilities seriously, stick to their strategies and practice sound Trading habits.

Well done Zulu. The followers win and decent SPs will eventually win. Give it time.

I would also like to give my support to the MAX 30 position rule and to the NO PROFIT NO COMMISION rule. These are important steps needed to protect followers from some ridiculous practices going on. I would like to suggest however, that perhaps a 'high water mark' is preferable to a monthly determination...

That all said: I believe Zulutrade need to communicate better with SP's. There is an Announcement Thread here on this forum. You guys should use it!

Regards and good trading to all

ASDF TRADER
ASDF TRADER

Postby DynamicStrategy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:05 pm

mariosv wrote:The broker a provider is using does not have any impact on the ranking.
We have recently changed our ranking calculation formula, which gives more weight to providers monthly performance combined with how many live followers a provider has.
If you are not happy with the ranking, please use the advanced search to find exactly the provider you are looking for.

thats not a fair ranking at all, monthly performance makes sense to me but the number of live followers (its a joke ) ,this way you will loose good SP's

thaknk you zulutrade ,now i have to wait couple of years to appear on the top 100 :?
DynamicStrategy

Ranking error?

Postby JustFollowTrend » Mon Aug 06, 2012 12:24 pm

Hello,

I suspect there is something wrong with ranking algorithm.

All my SP accounts are lined up ...like 1327,1328,1329 altough they have very different performance and positions on performance graf ranking are showing something else.

Also for example FCC who was ranked somewhere 16600 last friday is now Top 8!!!

Strange, don´t you think? :D
Feel Free To Visit My Forex Millionaire Strategy Blog :)
JustFollowTrend

Postby DynamicStrategy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:01 pm

mariosv wrote:The broker a provider is using does not have any impact on the ranking.

I BELIEVE THAT
we wouldn't see a lot of SP's on the top 20 if you made this change whene they started
to be top ranked i must a lot of live followers and to have a lot of live followers i have to be top ranked so followers can see me , now i have great performance but i don't know where i can get followers :cry:
DynamicStrategy

Re: Ranking error?

Postby ALPR469908F » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:37 pm

JustFollowTrend wrote:Also for example FCC who was ranked somewhere 16600 last friday is now Top 8!!!

Strange, don´t you think? :D

In all honesty I'm really bummed, and I find that it does not help traders who tried to pay attention to their DD, who try to study generated the best of REAL profiles for future followers and with this new calculation (announced anywhere!!), find themselves at the end of the rankings, to a person who has crashed hundreds of accounts of the Zulu can go back 16,900 th place to 8 th!
A ranking can show who is best (looking at right now is the Olympics ...). It is as if the Olympics Games rating was calculated by contribution to the number of fans of an athletic instead of his actual performance ! You would find it logical ???
ALPR469908F

Postby DynamicStrategy » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:52 pm

may be you should remove the performance page and replace it with a search tool only
or
count only the number of live followers since friday

an answer plz
Last edited by DynamicStrategy on Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DynamicStrategy

Postby mariosv » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:00 pm

I have forwarded your suggestions and complains and if there is going to be any change, I will let you know.
mariosv

Postby DM778966F » Mon Aug 06, 2012 2:27 pm

The ranking is sorted by Amount Following, without any control for risk.
Very very very bad
DM778966F

Next

Return to The ZuluTrade user interface