View topic - What slippage do you experience for your broker?

What slippage do you experience for your broker?

Discuss spreads, autoexecution comparison between different brokers, etc.

What slippage do you experience for your broker?

Postby AAA459843F » Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:16 pm

Hello everyone,

I wanted to start this thread to ask users who have their live accounts with other brokers what kind of slippage (in pips and/or minutes) they experience.

I am experiencing HUGE delays in trade execution so I am flooding the support with audit requests (none answered so far for over 2 weeks).

When I asked the support to help me to identify which broker has the lowest slippage they told me to look at the slippage chart avaliable for the SP. But usually the AAAFX has one of the lowest values when I experience big delays.

So my question to all is: what is the delay for your orders execution?

In my case, for AAAFX the delay is usually in minutes (3-5), sometime more which often means greater loss or lower profit.

I ask everyone to take this thread seriously and give others their opinion, because we need your opinion to choose a better broker.

Just a quick info how to see what is delay for your trade:

You can compare the opening and closing time of the trades on your account history and on the provider's account.

OR

Click on the "plus" green icon at the trade on your history list and look for the time difference between provider broadcast and when it is accepted on your account.

I hope this thread will be helpfull to many!

J.
AAA459843F

Re: What slippage do you experience for your broker?

Postby DM492264F » Fri Jul 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Hi J,
This is a huge worry for me,
I've only entered a few live trades so I can't say how much slippage I'm getting with my broker but I've been running trades on my demo and I'm also seeing slippage and latency especially on SP's with that have a limit or stop of less than 15pips.

I'm now looking at using an EA auto manager which will run on my MT4 platform to execute my exits.
With the EA I should be able to set much tighter stops, break even stops and trailing stops which will trigger automatically.
The only downside is that I'll need to keep my pc on and stay connected to the internet.
I've asked Mario who answers all our Qs on this forum if its possible they could develop an EA and supply it free to their customers and he replied that he will ask their developers.
Al
DM492264F

Postby AAA459843F » Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:03 am

Hello again,

Just an update, I think that the situation improved a little. The trades (on AAAFX) are executed with better quality. I hope this is permanent and continuous trend.

J.
AAA459843F

Postby FXDM192040F » Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:01 pm

I am using FXDD with rare problems.

And about the Audit , save ur time , they will never return you a cent.
FXDM192040F

Postby FXDM192040F » Mon Aug 15, 2011 11:55 pm

DM492264F wrote:Hi J,
This is a huge worry for me,
I've only entered a few live trades so I can't say how much slippage I'm getting with my broker but I've been running trades on my demo and I'm also seeing slippage and latency especially on SP's with that have a limit or stop of less than 15pips.

I'm now looking at using an EA auto manager which will run on my MT4 platform to execute my exits.
With the EA I should be able to set much tighter stops, break even stops and trailing stops which will trigger automatically.
The only downside is that I'll need to keep my pc on and stay connected to the internet.
I've asked Mario who answers all our Qs on this forum if its possible they could develop an EA and supply it free to their customers and he replied that he will ask their developers.
Al

Just rent a VPS!
FXDM192040F

Postby AAA483708F » Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:42 pm

It really depends on what time the provider closes the trade, if he/she closes a trade when there is a lot of movement, the slippage is up to 2-digit from what I experienced. If a provider uses tp, then no slippage.

For my account, I'm experiencing about 30-60 seconds delay for most orders. I do go through a lot of aaafx accounts to compare their delays with mine, it seems that the older is your account, the less delays you will experience, probably because the signal is sent from top to bottom. If this is the case, maybe zulutrade can fix it by using threading for opening/closing signals.

Not much of an issue for me since I'm not fan of scalping provider, but if the slippage can be improved, I won't complain :D
AAA483708F

Postby AAA459843F » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:52 pm

To FXDM192040F: They actually have reviewed some of my audit requests and returned the loss to my account. Still it takes much more time than expected (still many audits to review) but I have seen the money returned to my account.

j.
AAA459843F

Postby SNBR516748F » Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:42 pm

I have been using SunbirdFX for a while now, after having had an unsatisfactory experience with another AAAFx, conserning their costs and slippage. SunbirdFX’s customer service is excellent. I was able to open a few sets of multiple accounts, fund and connect to Zulutrade in a day or two. I don’t have to wait days to get an e-mail reply and they make a concerted effort to find solutions for problems. SunbirdFX is the ideal broker for Zulutrade because there is almost no slippage and you can open multiple accounts to spread your risks caused by the unpredictable behaviour sometimes caused by the signal providers. Transfers between accounts happen in less than a day. No costs are charged for transfers, deposits or withdrawals. They even offer me referral commissions.
SNBR516748F

Postby TimTim4x » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:13 am

When I started looking for a broker with the least amount of slippage I discovered SundbirdFX. I have been using them for some time now, and do not regret my decision. I agree that they are a great broker for zulutrade.
TimTim4x

Postby AAA500096F » Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:32 am

Hello,

In seeking a new broker to replace AAAfx I was also attracted to SundbirdFX. Their platform is very advanced, for cons I can find no information on their legal society.

Do you have any info?
AAA500096F

Postby FXSL514883F » Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:37 am

the flash movie on their homepage is really beautiful,but I can't find their regulation infomation
FXSL514883F

Postby mariosv » Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:52 am

mariosv

Postby AAA500096F » Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:19 am

Thank you Mario but the question was for sunbird ^^
Sunbird not in NFA apparently
AAA500096F

Postby mariosv » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:33 am

Oh, sorry, thought you meant zulu :mrgreen:
Yes sunbird is not NFA registered
mariosv

Postby AAA525815F » Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:28 am

Currently im using aaafx and experience some 2 to 3 pips loss due to slippage

Please recommend me some good FX broker i can switch because in AAAfx

they allow to deposit through CreditCard but for withdrawing they are asking many details like Bank account for the withdrawing , i asked them for the CreditCard withdrawal but they are not accepting it ...

I need a forex broker which executes the trade instantly with less / no slippage
and which allows to deposit / Withdraw using Creditcard

I think SunbirdFx is good here ??

Pls suggest me a good fxbroker for zulu trades :)
AAA525815F

Next

Return to Autoexecution feedback between brokers